To Arthur!

Hello all!

I promised a picture blog and now I’m delivering.  Here is a collection of my favorite pictures from Glendalough, Galway and Ennis, and Northern Ireland! Hope you enjoy!  I apologize in advance for the rather odd formatting of this post – the application I use doesn’t allow for much manual manipulation.  My next post will be all about Northern Ireland! What an experience! Hope the States are treating you well and Happy Belated Arthur Guinness day! I hope everyone cheered at 6 p.m.!

1

The welcome center at Glendalough

2

The round tower at Glendalough; all monastic sites had this typical feature

3

The remains of the Cathedral

5

Originally a window in the cathedral

4

The pinnacle of our hike up into the Wicklow Mountains was this beautiful view of the lake from which Glendalough got its name. The view was breathtaking.

1

My friend Molly and me on top of the Cliffs of Moher near Galway

2

I couldn't resist. He didn't seem interested in my presence at all.

3

The castle on top of the Cliffs of Moher.

4

The surf beach just outside of Doolin. There was a surf shop at the entrance to the beach called "Aloha Surf Shop." Who knew the Irish hanged ten?

5

The view from atop the family farm we visited just outside of Galway

6

The famous murals in Northern Ireland. More to come in my next post on our trip to Northern Ireland.

Night out in Belfast

Night out in Belfast

View from the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge

Giants Causeway-there's a great story associated with these volcanic rock formations that I'll include in my next blog

One of the most significant pieces of public art in all Europe located in Derry (Londonderry).

One Response to “To Arthur!”

1. Yo myo ma says:

What do the Pubs do for happy hour? Do they have deviled eggs? Do they have nachos and cheese whiz? Do the Pubs allow Irish dancing on the bar? Does Cork have Mad Mex? What do you think about Enricos in Dublin?