The hills are alive!

Allison and I decided long ago that we were going to fulfill one of our life dreams and go on the Sound of Music tour, our reason for going to Austria in the first place. I still remember watching the movie over and over and over when I was younger (and singing and dancing along, of course).

So, after a day in Vienna, we took a three-hour train ride early the next day to Salzburg. We passed through the countryside and arrived in a town surrounded by snow-covered mountains. Now I understand why Maria would leave the abbey to go sing in the mountains. Salzburg is absolutely GORGEOUS.

We definitely lucked out on our tour. Apparently, it had been raining for the past week and half but there wasn’t a drop of rain that day. Our tour guide was very entertaining and as we drove to the various locations to see where certain scenes from the movie were shot, we all listened to songs from the Sound of Music that I still can’t get out of my head. There were also people from all over the world on our bus, but apparently, most Austrians don’t know much about the movie at all!

I don’t want to ruin any surprises for those of you who want to take the tour someday, but here are a few pictures of my favorite parts of the tour. Can you recall what scenes they are from?

Allison and I had a blast together and it definitely was a dream come true!