Showdown: America vs. Italy

I thought I’d write a quick list of some things I love and some things I miss. Obviously, there’s a lot more to add to both lists, but these are just some basic things!

Things I Love about Italy

1. Food- pizza, gnocchi, ravioli, mozzarella… I can’t stop eating. Oh, and gelato after every meal!
  2. My Host Family- They are so nice and helpful! And they’re amazing cooks.
  3. The Sites- Palazzo Vecchio, Santa Croce, Ponte Vecchio… So many!
  4. Shopping! The leather market and the stores are great!
  5. The Language! It’s such a great language and it sounds so pretty!

View from my Room

Things I Miss about America

1. My family and friends- Obviously.
  2. Bucknell- I love this place! I miss all my friends, and my fraternity, all my activities, and my professors and classes! Nothing compares to Bucknell =)
  3. My car- I walk at least 50 miles a week and it’s a little exhausting. I also miss just driving around.
  4. Cheeseburgers, wings, and French fries (It’s embarrassing to miss these when there is amazing Italian food, but you do!)
  5. Convenience and familiarity- Okay, I’m cheating with this one by putting two, but they go hand in hand. I miss knowing where I am and the language. I miss Bucknell’s campus and seeing people I know. I also miss being able to grab coffee at Dunkin Donuts! Everywhere you have to sit and drink coffee. I just want an extra large caramel iced coffee!!

Summer 2011

One Response to “Showdown: America vs. Italy”

1. Aunt Kathy says:

Hello! So good to hear from you. I’ll have to catch up on all your blog posts. Italy is fabulous. Enjoy your time. I’ll keep posting.

Love ya!
    K :)