I thought I’d write a quick list of some things I love and some things I miss. Obviously, there’s a lot more to add to both lists, but these are just some basic things!
Things I Love about Italy
- Food- pizza, gnocchi, ravioli, mozzarella… I can’t stop eating. Oh, and gelato after every meal!
- My Host Family- They are so nice and helpful! And they’re amazing cooks.
- The Sites- Palazzo Vecchio, Santa Croce, Ponte Vecchio… So many!
- Shopping! The leather market and the stores are great!
- The Language! It’s such a great language and it sounds so pretty!
Things I Miss about America
- My family and friends- Obviously.
- Bucknell- I love this place! I miss all my friends, and my fraternity, all my activities, and my professors and classes! Nothing compares to Bucknell =)
- My car- I walk at least 50 miles a week and it’s a little exhausting. I also miss just driving around.
- Cheeseburgers, wings, and French fries (It’s embarrassing to miss these when there is amazing Italian food, but you do!)
- Convenience and familiarity- Okay, I’m cheating with this one by putting two, but they go hand in hand. I miss knowing where I am and the language. I miss Bucknell’s campus and seeing people I know. I also miss being able to grab coffee at Dunkin Donuts! Everywhere you have to sit and drink coffee. I just want an extra large caramel iced coffee!!