Class, Internship, and Sightseeing

Well…I made it through my first full week at American, and so far I love it! It started off with the first day of my internship at the Department of Justice.  First, I went to an orientation about the security of the building, and then I received my badge (so official!) so that I will be permitted to get through the lobby in the morning. Two other people in the office grabbed lunch with me, and after that I got going on some homework.

• My foreign policy class has featured some really distinguished speakers so far including the deputy campaign manager of Angela Merkel, political  and economic officers of the Embassy of South Africa, Timothy Knight: the former director of the Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance, and more..
  • I also walked around by the Capitol Building on Saturday when the weather was beautiful outside. A sunny day in Washington D.C. What could be better?
  • With the inauguration going on, the city was crowded and chaotic both yesterday and today. People were packed like sardines in the metro and some stops were even closed for the day. Those in attendance had to leave here at 6 am in the freezing cold. I opted to stay in and watch on TV.DSC00021My dormDSC00045DSC00040