John McCain, John Kerry, next is Obama (I am sure of it!)

I think my favorite part of DC is definitely all the people I get to meet. My professor has awesome connections, and everyday we are meeting someone knew that has accomplished great things in life.

On Thursday we went to the State Department to talk to a guy that works in Counter-terrorism. In the middle of his lecture Secretary of State John Kerry just casually stopped by to say hello! We were all so shocked. Then because of my professor and his connections we got to eat in the State Department Cafeteria. For security reasons we always have to be seen my the people that escorted us to the caf, so when we had to go to the bathroom we had to be escorted (weird).

We met with Former Ambassador to Afghanistan Ronald Neumann. Hearing his view on Afghanistan was very interesting and a lot more positive than most things we hear about in the news.

So basically we are working our way up the chain of famous people we can meet in DC so I am sure pretty soon we will run into President Obama. I wouldn’t be surprised if my professor knows him considering how he knows everybody else.

Ambassador Neumann

Ambassador Neumann

John Kerry!

John Kerry!